Rose water or gulab jal in hindi is undoubtedly beauty's magic potion, and remarkably versatile. Whether you have oily, dry or combination skin, rose water can be added to your beauty regime. That's what makes it a beauty secret or rather a secret weapon of women all over the world, not just India. One of the important rose water benefits is to get a healthy glowing skin.
Rose water benefits and uses of rose water (gulab jal)
While purchasing rose water, you must make sure you buy only 100% pure rose water i.e. the distilled water of roses sans the chemicals, the by-product of rose oil production.
Rose water benefits
- Rosewater benefits to maintain your skin’s pH balance.
- It helps fight acne, dermatitis and eczema.
- Rose water help to treat mild scalp inflammations and dandruff that are caused by fungal infections.
- Rose water hydrates, revitalizes and moisturizes the skin, and makes it smooth.
- Rose water benefits to tone the skin. It also has anti-bacterial properties.
- The nourishing and moisturizing properties of rose water enhance the quality of hair.
- It also helps to revitalize aging skin and keeps fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
Uses of Rose Water
As a Cleanser
Wipe the dirt and dead skin off your face by using rose water as a cleanser. Mix one cup of rose water, two tsp of glycerin and 10 drops of rose essential oil to make the cleanser and use it daily.
Reduce eye puffiness
Just place a bottle of rose water into the fridge for half an hour and then, apply some of it on a cotton pad and gently place it on your eyes. It will help sooth the tender skin around your eyes and prevent or reduce eye puffiness.
This is the best makeup remover ever. Add a few drops of coconut oil to rosewater on a cotton pad and cleanse your face. The mixture works wonders to wipe off makeup and nourish your skin deeply at the same time.
Rosewater skin toner
Regular use of rose water as a toner can help prevent wrinkles (slowing down aging process), tighten pores and add a wonderful glow to the skin.
Rosewater for Acne
Rose water can be used to treat acne as well. Mix the juice of one lemon and rose water in equal quantities. Apply this mixture on your face and keep it on for about half an hour. Wash it off with water. After applying this for 2-3 weeks, you will see a visible difference in your skin. Application of rose water helps relieve acne, and reduces blemishes and scars.